Male victims of domestic abuse
One in Six Men will be a Victim of Domestic Abuse in their Lifetime. If you are a Male Victim
- YOU ARE NOT TO BLAME
- YOU ARE NOT 'WEAK'
- YOU ARE NOT ALONE
For many men, calling the Mankind helpline is the first step they have made in talking to someone else about the problems they face.
Whether it is information or just emotional support, please call Mankind.
The Mankind helpline is operated by trained people who can give both emotional and practical support as well as providing information.
They also welcome calls from mothers, sisters and friends of victims, seeking information. .
Emotional support, includes:
- Simply someone to talk to
- Giving you confidence
- Helping you to realise you are not blame
Information and support includes:
- Housing and refuge support
- Reporting incidents
- Police procedures
- Legal Services (including solicitors who can help)
- Referring victims to local councils, refuges and other support services
- Local services and support groups