Suspect spyware - how to clean your iPhone
The first thing you should do is change your password on your iCloud account and set-up two step authentication
Then clean your mobile and to insure you remove all spyware or unwanted apps you will have to do a factory reset. There are 4 important steps.
- Delete any suspicious apps
- Back-up your mobile to iCloud
- Do a factory reset
- Restore (put your information back on your mobile)
Step1: Delete any suspicious apps
If your stalker could have had access to your phone, they may have added apps like find my phone or apps that “check you in” to places. Delete any apps that you have not put on the phone are that you don’t know what they do.
- To delete a app place your finger on the app for several seconds until an X appears in the corner
- Touch the X it will ask if you want to delete the app say yes.
Step2: How to Sync (back-up) your iPhone using iTunes on our computer
The next step you should do is to back-up your iPhone so that you don’t loose your contacts, music, photos etc.
- Plug your iPhone into your computer
- Launch iTunes
- Select your iPhone in the ‘DEVICES’ list
- Right-Click on your iPhone
- Select “Sync”
- Wait for iPhone back up to complete
Backing Up iPhone to your iCloud account
- Launch “Settings” and tap on “iCloud”
- Verify the iCloud account is set up and that “Contacts” is turned ON
- Scroll down and tap on “Storage & Back up”
- Tap “Back Up Now”
After you have backed-up your iPhone you will need to reset it to the original factory settings.
Step 3: Restoring your iPhone
- Launch “Settings” and tap on “General”
- Scroll to the bottom of General and tap on “Reset”
- Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”
- Enter the iPhone passcode, and confirm the reset by tapping on “Erase iPhone”
Step 4: Restore your information
- You will now be asked to Set-up your iPhone. Click restore from iTunes or from iCloud. Be sure not to restore any apps that you are not positive about.
Review your iCloud settings: Do you really need the "find my phone" as it can be used to track you if the abuser gets into your account.