Five Types of Stalkers
- Intimacy seeker – imagines fantasies about a relationship.
- Incompetent suitors – seek sexual relationships, are unattached males, social ineptness exhibits in odd behaviour.
- Rejected - begins with the end of relationship. They initially want to reconcile and then can become resentful and often fluctuate between the two. The stalking creates an opportunity for contact and becomes a substitute for the lost relationship
- Resentful – passed over for promotion or could be legitimate, discriminated against but feel they have no power or recourse.
- Predatory - the predatory stalker is sadistic. They gain thrill planning and carrying out the stalking.