Warning signs of online love may be a stalker
Our love life has gone digital. We meet people via online dating sites or social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. But do we really know if this person is a good choice or not. There are some warning signs of stalking or controlling behaviours that are clues that perhaps you should block this online romance.
- They start contacting you multiple times a day.
- They are anxious to move from a dating site to private e-mail, texting, or telephone calls.
- They keep asking for personal information, where you work, where you went to school
- They agree with everything you say “as if you were soul mates”.
- They start talking about how much they like you only after a few chats.
- They seem to be too interested – too soon.
- If you block them they try contacting you using another different account.
- They keep changing their story or somehow it just doesn’t all add up. A good test is to tell a friend what he/she told you and get their response. They will be more objective.
- They become demanding/controlling wanting to know who your friends are, why you haven’t been online etc.
- They know things about you that you didn’t tell them.
- They seem to know when and where you are online. They say “I know you were online because I saw your posts” or they are always showing up in the same chatroom.
- They start adding your friends and family to their list, even though they don’t know them.
- They talk about you a lot in forums and online. Make up stories about you or describe going on imaginary dates with you.