Warning Signs your partner is stalking you
When your partner stalks you
Over 50% of ex-partner stalking started before they left their partner (Mullen, Pathe and Purcell, 2009)
- They become demanding/controlling, they want to know who you are texting, e-mailing, what you are saying. They are suspicious, perhaps even paranoid.
- They are contacting you multiple times a day asking you to confirm where you are at – if you are at an unusual place and they seem to know - suspect that they have put some geo location software on your phone.
- They start sending aggressive, abusive or threatening texts.
- They start to contact your friends and family trying to check up on you, get information about you, or trying to damage those relationships.
- They start to spread rumors, put abusive, embarrassing comments online via social network, forums etc.
- They seem to know information that you haven’t told them or know what you do online such as websites you’ve gone to, people you’ve chatted or sent e-mails to etc – suspect spyware on your computer
- Your passwords stop working or keep changing.
- You find e-mails marked read that you haven’t read, or e-mails sent from your account you haven’t sent.
- Money starts going missing from your online bank account or goods being bought via online stores you use.
- Information is deleted such as friend’s contacts, computer files, e-mails.